Web design Tips: Rounded Corners in Adobe Photoshop
Have you ever wondered how to get smooth rounded corners in Adobe Photoshop? Here is a quick and simple way to give your photos a “rounded corner” look.
1. Open up any picture in Adobe Photoshop. Below I am using a free picture from stock.xcng.
2. Choose the Shape tool and then the Rounded Rectangle tool from the toolbar.
3. Decide what you want your radius to be for your rounded corners. In this example I have chosen a radius of 15px. (the radius option is at the top of the page) Draw the rounded rectangle shape on top of your picture. It doesn’t matter what color it is. Once you have positioned the shape where you want it, use the “fill” property on your Layers toolbar and change it to 0%. This will make the shape transparent.
4. Click on the “Paths” tab and then the little arrow to choose “Make Selection.” Feather Radius should be “0”. Once you click “Ok” the area will be selected.
5. Choose “Edit” and then “Copy Merged” to copy the selected area.
6. Open a new file and then select “Edit” and “Paste” to paste the new image.
Viola! You now have an image with rounded corners! You can put a border around, drop shadow or anything you so desire.